If you are having trouble reading right now, here is what works for me:
1. Keep a book at the breakfast table and read it in the morning instead of looking at the news on your phone.
2. Be promiscuous. Read more than one book at a time until one pulls you into monogamy.
3. Quit more books than you finish. Read lots of short books until you work up the concentration for longer ones.
4. Read poetry! First thing in the morning! It’s perfect with a cup of coffee.
5. Read trash! No guilty pleasures!
8. STOP READING BOOKS THAT AREN’T DOING IT FOR YOU. SERIOUSLY. STOP.
10. If you can’t read a book right now give yourself a break and just watch TV.