Based on a true story we watched on the news a couple nights ago. (There’s also a plan out there to construct highway overpasses in such a way to make them safer for wildlife, and us.)
- A full MP3 set of Van Morrison live at the Fillmore West, San Francisco, California, April 26, 1970. Unbelievably good.
- The same blog posted Andrew Bird doing “Sovay” with My Morning Jacket.
- Stanley Donwood’s linocut cover for Thom Yorke’s new solo album is fantastic. The original linocut is from a project called London Views. What is a linocut, you ask?
- The audio for the Stuart Dybek reading and interview with Silverblatt is up at Lannan. Here’s a great quote about being a “regional writer.”
- And here’s an article on how comics had a big presence at BEA. (Check out the Fantagraphics display!) This is really good news for comics, as is the addition of comics to the BEST AMERICAN SERIES, as is Kevin Huizenga’s new one, CURSES.
thanks fr the van morrison link. holy shit he is amazing.
i spent an entire plane ride from paris to atlanta, drifting in and out of consciousness while listening to “astral weeks” on a loop. it was better than watching “big momma’s house.”
oh man: astral weeks is the best ever