- More articles from the Columbus Dispatch and the Cincinnati Enquirer about the demise of my alma mater.
- Tractor beams! Now where’s the clean, unlimited energy supply that will save the world?
- In our library, this would be located in my baby, the graphic novel section. Did I ever mention that Mr. Vonnegut loves librarians?
- God, I hate Peeps.
- The Arcade Fire are rocking me this morning. Here’s a great sketch of the dude with the Motorcycle helmet. (I didn’t draw it, Matthew Derby did.)
- Everybody’s going crazy for the Fibonacci poem! What about the Fibonacci SONNET?
No kidding about those damn Peeps. They are the single most disgusting candy product ever created, holiday-themed or other. Just thinking about them makes me ill.
Cadbury Eggs: now THERE’S an Easter candy worth looking forward to on Sunday.
Damn straight! Long live the Cadbury!! Death to PEEPS!
Peeps + Microwave = shit load of fun (or just a few minutes of laughs)
hmm…interesting…in the fibonnaci link, they attribute the creation of ‘fibonacci poems’ to the blogger, Gregory K, in 2005.
had a hunch, and i turned out to be right. maynard james keenan of tool uses fibonacci structure in the song ‘lateralus’ in 2001 for the verses.
just thought it was interesting.
Maureen McHugh says
Arcade Fire! Funeral! Yay!
Have you heard Sun Kil Moon? (http://www.sunkilmoon.com/) Tiny Cities Made of Ashes is nice.
Oh man, I haven’t heard Tool in ages…
…and I hadn’t heard Sun Kil Moon at all. (Although I had heard REd House painters.) That Modest Mouse cover is crazy…good nappin’ music! (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=33604549)
M Seifried says
I love seeing Moses make “normative claims” about Easter candy. I myself enjoy black licorice jelly beans … they are very calming after the shock and awe of seeing all the multi-colored peeps. If we can crush peeps, maybe we can subdue candy corn. God help us …