a Circleville ‘scape…
- A column on the possibilities for storytelling in video games. “You’re not going to get anything on the level of [Citizen Kane] in video games until someone somewhere pays an honest-to-God writer to sit in a room and create a story themselves that they are passionate about telling through game play and visual narrative.” Once again, anybody heard of LucasArts adventure games?
- Somebody explain this hilarity to Sean. It’s like Chappelle’s Show without Chappelle.
- Looking for graphic novels without words?
- George Saunders on Peanuts.
- Lynd Ward novels you can browse through Google Books: God’s Man and The Silver Pony. Strange coincidence of influences: George Saunders credits Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes as being the book that made him want to be a writer when he was young. Lynd Ward did the original illustrations for the classic.
- The Nabokov Library. Where you can find lots of his pieces for free, in .doc files.