Here’s a short list of tips that have helped me form good reading habits over the years. Share it as much as you like. You can also download a printer-friendly version and hang it in your workspace or classroom.
- Throw your phone in the ocean. (Or, keep it in airplane mode.)
- Carry a book with you at all times.
- Have another book ready before you finish the one you’re reading. (Make a stack of books to-read or load up your eReader.)
- If you aren’t enjoying a book or learning from it, stop reading it immediately. (Flinging it across the room helps give closure.)
- Schedule 1 hour a day of reading on your calendar like you would an important meeting. (Try commutes, lunch breaks, or getting in bed an hour early.)
- Keep a reading log and share your favorite books with others. (They will send you even more books to read.)
If you’re looking for a good book to read, here are books I recommend and books I’ve written.
And to keep you on track, here’s a wallpaper for your phone:
See also: 33 thoughts on reading