We don’t know a millionth of one percent about anything.
– Thomas Edison
- New interviews with George Saunders and Etgar Keret.
- Read Edward Gorey’s meditation on the literary life, THE UNSTRUNG HARP, online.
- I mean, here I am sitting in Cleveland, Ohio. What do I know about the New York literary scene?
- Speaking of Cleveland, Mac’s Backs finally has an operational website, and Books Cleveland is a website for all the independent bookstores in the area.
- The first vignette of Daniel Handler’s (aka Lemony Snicket) ADVERBS, and the review, which calls the book a “concept album.” (I had no clue he played accordian on 69 LOVE SONGS.) As far as concept albums go, my ambition is to write the literary equivalent of Wire’s PINK FLAG.
- 1-2 punch: Destroyer’s “European Oils” [MP3] and “Painter in Your Pocket” [MP3] Stream all of RUBIES. And, oh heck, just go here and fill up your Ipod with Destroyer.